VIC-TRACKER COMPO 2005
The competition has ended.
The winner is Sjamembi 8 by Anders Carlsson!
Load on Vic-20 or emulator with
|Entry|| ||Listen|| ||Length|| ||Author|| ||Arrival|| ||Points|
|Sjamembi 8|| ||mp3|| ||2:15|| ||Anders Carlsson (Zapac)|| ||2005-10-24|| ||37|
|Hi, San|| ||mp3|| ||0:51|| ||aneurySm|| ||2005-11-30|| ||26|
VIC-TRACKER is a full-featured tracker-style music editor for the
Commodore Vic-20 programmed by Daniel Kahlin.
VIC-TRACKER COMPO 2005 is a friendly competition to squeeze out some
interresting music and sounds from one of the most restrictive sound
The Vic-20 has 3 channels of square wave, one channel of noise, and a
4-bit global volume. The frequency is determined by a 7-bit value for
each of the 4 channels. The three square wave channels have different
frequency ranges. they are one octave apart.
- Commodore Vic-20 + 16Kb memory expansion
or emulated in VICE for non Vic-20 and/or non 16Kb expansion owners.
- 8-bit mindset! :)
- Both original compositions and covers are allowed. If you submit a cover, the original title and the name of the original author must be included.
- A participant may submit any number of entries.
- An entry is allowed to be resubmitted in an improved and/or updated version.
- Entries must be composed in VIC-TRACKER (preferably version 2.0).
- Songs will be posted here in compiled, playable form as they arrive.
- Submitting early is encouraged! :)
- For voting, songs will be presented both as vic-20 binaries, and as mp3-files.
- The mp3-files will be recorded using one of the Vic-20 units at my disposal. This unit will be PAL. Entries composed on NTSC systems will appear slightly transposed, but the speed will be the same.
- Entries shall be submitted in VIC-TRACKER song file form (
.vt) by email to <victrackerkahlinnet>. Alternate forms of submitting entries may also be allowed.
- By submitting you allow for the song to be used as a demo song for VIC-TRACKER (with proper credits ofcourse).
- The Competition starts Saturday October the 22nd 2005.
- Deadline for submitting entries is Wednesday November the 30th 2005 23:59 UTC. (late submissions will be accepted before voting begins)
- The submitted entries will be put up for voting during Saturday December the 3rd.
- Voting will be open until Sunday December the 11th 2005.
- These rules may be updated if necessary.
Visit the official VIC-TRACKER COMPO 2005 thread on the Denial Vic 20 Community for questions and further discussions.
Submissions and other questions may be sent by mail to <victrackerkahlinnet>.
May the limitations be with you! :)
The VIC-TRACKER COMPO 2005 was enthusiastically mentioned in Earl Evans' Retrobits Podcast Show 017: Mix and Match (6:31 - 9:29). Have a listen!